1) Determine the location of the hood pins on core support or bracket.
Determine proper location with hood thickness maximum of 3/4". Overall space minimum
from top of hood to top of mounting point for pin is 1 1/2".
2 Install pins and set to full length to determine location to drill pilot hole through hood.
3) Place a piece of tape on underside of hood and gently close until pin comes into contact with
hood and leaves a small mark in the tape
4) Using a center punch, gently tap a center point into hood.
5) Using a 3/16" drill bit drill a hole through the bottom side of the hood only. Angle the drill to be
at the same angle as the top of the hood and proceed to drill through the top side of the
6) Remove the pins, close the hood and using a 1 5/8" hole saw drill a hole in the hood at the
same angle as the top side. Clean the sharp edges off with a file and using touch-
repaint all bare metal that is exposed.
7) Reinstall pins and close the hood and look at the alignment of the pin in regards to the center
of the hole.
8) Test fit a Quik-
installed open the hood carefully and screw the retainer rings until they contact the
bottom side of the hood without indenting the top surface.
9) Using a very small amount of Loc-
to contacting the underside of the hood .Tighten the set screws evenly until housing is in
contact with top side of hood without indenting the surface.
10) Gently close the hood and adjust the pins to hold the hood down securely with out causing
hood to become indented.
11) Tighten pins and check for proper hood opening and closing. Center button will pop up
center button is depressed.
12) Check adjustment on factory safety latch to not interfere with the Quik-
All vehicles that Quik-
to have safety latch may cause hood to come up while driving. Before driving vehicle make sure
that button is flush with the body to insure that latch is in the engaged position.
Additional Instructions for Hood pin mounting
when hood to thicker than hood pin body
Amendment to Step 6 of Instructions
After location hole drill a 1/8" pilot hole through the top and bottom
layer of the hood. Drill a 1 5/8" hole through top layer only and then drill a
2 1/4 " hole through the bottom layer. Insert the 3 set screws into the retaining
ring and insert it into the hole on the bottom side of the hood. Holding the
ring with one hand carefully insert the body and screw them together
until tight. Using a allen wrench snug the 3 set screws.