1) Determine the location of the hood pins on core support or bracket. Determine proper location with hood thickness
maximum of 1 1/8". Overall space minimum from top of hood to top of mounting point for pin is 2 1/8”.
2 Install pins and set to full length to determine location to drill pilot hole through hood.
3) Place a piece of tape on underside of hood and gently close until pin comes into contact with hood and leaves a small mark
in the tape.
4) Using a center punch, gently tap a center point into hood.
5) Using a 3/16" drill bit, drill a hole through the bottom side of the hood only. Angle the drill to be at the same angle as the
top of the hood and proceed to drill through the top side of the hood.
6) Remove the pins, close the hood, and using a 1 1/2" hole saw drill a hole in the hood at the same angle as the top side.
Clean the sharp edges off with a file and using touch-
7) Reinstall pins, close the hood, and look at the alignment of the pin in regards to the center of the hole.
8) Test fit a Quik-
carefully and screw the retainer rings until they contact the bottom side of the hood without indenting the top surface.
9) Using a very small amount of Loc-
of the hood. Tighten the set screws evenly until housing is in contact with top side of hood without indenting the surface.
10) Gently close the hood and adjust the pins to hold the hood down securely without causing hood to become indented.
11) Tighten pins and check for proper hood opening and closing. Center button will pop up when Quik-
Make sure that pin is in the center and not binding when center button is depressed.
12) Check adjustment on factory safety latch to not interfere with the Quik-
All vehicles that Quik-
cause hood to come up while driving. Before driving vehicle, make sure that button is flush with the body to insure
latch is in the engaged position.