Green thread lock Hammer
1) Determine the location of the hood pins on core support or bracket.
Determine proper location with hood thickness maximun of 5/8". Overall space minimum
from top of hood to top of mounting point for pin is1 1/8" and maximum is 3 1/2".
2) Install pins and set to full length to determine location to drill pilot hole through hood.
3) Place a piece of tape on underside of hood and gently close until pin comes into contact with
hood and leaves a small mark in the tape
4) Using a center punch, gently tap a center point into bottom side of the hood.
5) Using a 3/16" drill bit drill a hole through the bottom side of the hood only. Angle the drill to be
at the same angle as the top of the hood and proceed to drill through the top side of the
6) Remove the pins, close the hood and using a 1 1/4" hole saw drill a hole in the top side of the hood only.
Using the 2 1/2" hole saw drill the bottom side of the hood.
Clean the sharp edges off with a file and using touch-
7) Reinstall pins and close the hood and look at the alignment of the pin in regards to the center
of the hole.
8) Test fit a Quik-
installed open the hood carefully and screw the retainer rings until they contact the
bottom side of the hood without indenting the top surface.
9) Gently close the hood and adjust the pins to hold the hood down securely with out causing
hood to become indented.
10) Tighten pins and check for proper hood opening and closing. Center button will pop up
center button is depressed.
11) Check adjustment on factory safety latch to not interfere with the Quik-
12) After all final adjustments are done and operation of latch's are proper then add a small amount of
the green wheeping thread locker to the base of all the mounting nuts on the pins and latch
retaining ring. Thread locker is designed to seep into the threads.
All vehicles that Quik-
to have safety latch may cause hood to come up while driving. Before driving vehicle make sure
that button is flush with the body to insure that latch is in the engaged position.